Advisory Board Member Profile
Director - Data Management Lead
Areas of Expertise
Big Data Strategy, Driving Innovation with Big Data, Implementation Issues with Big Data
Below is a short summary of my expertise/experience:
• As the Data Management Lead at Scotia Bank reporting into the CFO and CDO, Arvind is responsible for the Data Governance initiative/program for US Finance.
• At Deloitte Advisory, Arvind managed multiple engagements at BHCs and FBOs.
• At Credit Suisse Holdings (USA) Inc., Arvind lead the CCAR data governance initiative.
• At Morgan Stanley Arvind was responsible for defining, establishing and implementing data governance/data quality program for Basel and CCAR compliance. Arvind also represented the CFO office in establishing "Enterprise Data Office” for regulatory compliance (DFAST/CCAR and BASEL).
• Arvind has over 25+ years of experience in Fortune-500 companies with diversified and comprehensive understanding of technology, business and operations processes. Arvind has successfully lead initiatives to improve data governance and data quality through effective implementation of data management methodologies and technologies.
• Arvind has a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from Karnatak University, India and a Master’s degree in Computer Applications from M S University, India
• Arvind is a Certified Project Management Professional.
Arvind’s core competencies:
• Setup Office of Chief Data Officer for multiple Foreign Banking Organizations (FBO) and Bank Holding Company (BHC)
• Data Governance & Information Stewardship program setup
• Architect and implement data quality management programs
• Data Architecture Governance
• Reference Data & Metadata Management
• Business Rules Improvement and Data Mapping
• Business Intelligence and Enterprise Data Warehouse Strategy & Architecture
• Business/Data Analysis and Data Profiling
• Technology Strategy Development
• Application development, implementation and support